Now that we have a publisher for our second book, we’re working on our third book, and also revising our first book, we now feel like we can start the fourth book. A lot of people have been asking if we’re going to do more books. The answer is…ABSOLUTELY!!!
The next book is going to focus on history. While keeping Lovecraft’s themes, we’re looking for stories and artwork set in the past. It can be in any time period you like. You can pull from real history, or create something entirely new. I have a Viking story that involves some Deep Ones that I’m going to use. I have another story, written by someone else, that gives a Lovecraftian twist to the sinking of the Titanic.
The publisher has told me that many of the names Lovecraft used are copyrighted. What we’ll do is this, if you use a Lovecraft deity, I can change it to an Egyptian equivalent. Just so you know, that’s what is going to happen so that we don’t violate any copyright laws.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All work must be original.
- All submissions must be horror/dark/weird stories or art of some kind with Lovecraft type themes.
- No limit on how many stories or how much art you can send in, as many as you want. You can send both art and stories. If the artwork goes with the story, all the better, but it doesn’t have to.
- No limit on story length, as long as it’s a well-developed story. Focus on content, not length.
- Artwork can be any medium, as long as the content is horror. Artwork must be in JPEG format, please get all the image in the picture without cutting anything off.
- Stories must be double-spaced, have paragraphs, and one space between sentences.
- All stories should be spell checked and grammar checked prior to being sent in. Some minor mistakes are expected, but if the document has too many, it will be rejected.
- All submissions must include Name, address, and an optional short bio, along with any websites you’d like people to visit.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Historical Submission” in the subject.
- A release form will be sent to you to sign electronically. If we don’t get a signature, we can’t include your work.
***ONLY THE ARTWORK OR STORIES LISTED ON THE RELEASE FORMS CAN BE USED IF ACCEPTED. AUTHOR AND ARTISTS RETAIN ALL RIGHTS, THIS JUST GIVES US PERMISSION TO USE IT.***
Compensation: Each contributor will receive one copy of the book and will officially be a published author/artist. If you do not include your address, we cannot get a copy of the book to you.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 1, 2017