We’ve learned a lot while creating our first book “Asylum of the Ancient Ones” is that it takes a long time to collect submissions. This time around, we are working on multiple books at once. It sounds kind of crazy, but it makes sense to us. We are looking for both short stories and artwork.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All work must be original.
- All submissions must be horror of some kind. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, witches, etc…classic horror stuff.
- No limit on how many stories or how much art you can send in, as many as you want. You can send both art and stories. If the artwork goes with the story, all the better, but it doesn’t have to.
- No limit on story length, as long as it’s a well-developed story. Focus on content, not length.
- Artwork can be any medium, as long as the content is horror. Artwork must be in JPEG format, please get all the image in the picture without cutting anything off.
- Stories must be double-spaced, have paragraphs, and one space between sentences.
- All stories should be spell checked and grammar checked prior to being sent in. Some minor mistakes are expected, but if the document has too many, it will be rejected.
- All submissions must include Name, address, and an optional short bio, along with any websites you’d like people to visit.
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com, with “Horror Submission” in the subject.
- All submissions must include a release form for all submissions. We have one for art and one for stories. If you have multiple submissions, you can do one for all art and one for all stories if there is enough space. Here are the release forms:
—Helpful information: This book is going to be about Men in Black. All short stories will be woven into the main story, as I did in Asylum of the Ancient Ones. This book will relate to the first book.
~ A release form will be emailed to you.
***ONLY THE ARTWORK OR STORIES LISTED ON THE RELEASE FORMS CAN BE USED IF ACCEPTED. AUTHOR AND ARTISTS RETAIN ALL RIGHTS, THIS JUST GIVES US PERMISSION TO USE IT.***
Compensation: Each contributor will receive one copy of the book and will officially be a published author/artist. If you do not include your address, we cannot get a copy of the book to you.
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2016, subject to change.