Hello everyone! Now that we have one book to be published the last week of March, it’s time to move on to the next project!
- We are looking for art and short stories only.
- All content must be Lovecraftian in nature. If you’d like to submit something, but aren’t sure what Lovecraftian means, it means something based on the writings of H. P. Lovecraft. You can find his writings here. Old Ones, Deep Ones, shoggoths, some kind of Lovecraftian entity involved. Go crazy!
- Multiple submissions are welcome, there is no limit to how much you can send in. If you have both art and stories, send them in.
- Story Length: There is no limit on length, other than it must be a fully developed story. I mean don’t send in a novel, obviously. If it’s a very long story, that’s fine, as long as it meets the other requirements.
- Spell check and grammar check are your friend, use them! I spent a lot of time on the last book on editing a few stories, I won’t do that this time no matter how good the story line is written. If there are too many mistakes, it will be rejected. Some small errors are to be expected, but please try to minimize errors.
- All work must be your original work.
- Stories must be double spaced with paragraphs. One space between sentences.
- Artwork can be any medium, as long as it’s Lovecraft themed. Submissions must be sent in JPEG format. Try to get the whole thing in the image, without cutting it off.
- All submissions must include: Name, address, and an optional short bio along with any websites you’d like included.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Lovecraftian Submission in the subject.
- Each submission must include a signed release form. You can list all the titles on one form if you like, but there is one for stories and one for artwork:
~ There will be a release form emailed to you
***ONLY THE ARTWORK OR STORIES LISTED ON THE RELEASE FORMS CAN BE USED IF ACCEPTED. AUTHOR AND ARTISTS RETAIN ALL RIGHTS, THIS JUST GIVES US PERMISSION TO USE IT. THE ONLY WAY WE CAN SEND YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK IS IF YOU GIVE US YOUR ADDRESS.***
Compensation: Each contributor will receive one copy of the book and will officially be a published author/artist. There will be a contributor’s section, which will include the short bio and any websites you’d like to share. Also any works of yours that you’d like to list/advertise.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2017. (Final)